The Rules: Screw the rules. You get 7 random things about me, and I'm not tagging anybody, cuz I just don't do that. So deal. :-P
1. The hospital I was born at is in a different state than the state I was born in.
2. I got my first car at age 26. I got my first driver's license a couple weeks earlier, when I was 25. I still drive the same car.
3. I've seen one baseball game in New York City. That game was the Pine Tar Game. We were directly behind the visitor's dug-out, on the third base side.
4. I've been to every state in the United States except four -- Florida, Idaho, Montana, and Alaska. However, in the case of Maine, we only drove as far as the "Welcome to Maine" sign, took pictures of it, and left (this was on the same trip that I saw the Pine Tar Game). I'd like to go back and visit Acadia National Park someday, though.
5. I've never fired a gun. However, I have Japanese friends who have. (I've never owned a gun, either.)
6. I've been to a karaoke booth three times in my life, twice in Japan. Each time, I've sung Aqua's Barbie Girl. Twice, in Japan, I sang both parts. The other time I just sang Ken's part. (Considering how much I like singing in the car -- probably to my friends' annoyance -- it's probably no surprise that I really like karaoke booths, too.)
7. For as long as I can remember, my favorite piece of classical music has been the suite from Stravinsky's Firebird. It was also the last piece of music I ever saw my dad perform, at the Kansas City Civic Orchestra's 40th anniversary concert in 1999. He played viola.