?

Log in

No account? Create an account
 
 
Douglas Triggs
09 September 2004 @ 01:55 am
It takes a long time to compile Mozilla. I suppose that the 250MB source tree ought to give you a hint... I'm not sure how long it took, exactly (I went to bed), but on my 2.0GHz AMD Linux box (512MB RAM, plenty of storage, yadda, yadda) it took half an hour at the very minimum.

And, of course, it didn't work.
 
 
In the mood: grumpygrumpy
 
 
Douglas Triggs
09 September 2004 @ 02:30 pm
So, I just gave up and created a program that converts iso-2022-jp to HTML. It's not a perfect solution, given the fact that (a) it doesn't work in titles, (b) I have to write the post in Emacs then convert the file to HTML, and (c) every single character is a escape sequence. Oh well.

Anyway, 私は今日本語に書けます.

So, here I am, deleting all the useless Mozilla sources -- no point in upgrading if all the old stuff works fine. Feh.

Update: Never mind... It does work in titles (I guess because it's not a tag).
 
 
In the mood: Triumphant
Now playing: Tenacious D - Tribute
 
 
 
Douglas Triggs
09 September 2004 @ 03:37 pm
Feh  
All this work, and it turns out I just had a couple of locale settings wrong.

ばか! ばか!

On the good side, now I know the specifications for EUC and iso-2022-jp.
 
 
In the mood: annoyedannoyed